Apply to the Maud Glover Folsom Foundation Inc.
The Maud Glover Folsom Foundation Inc. was created to provide financial aid to young men of German and Northern European descent. Charles Stuart Folsom created the foundation in the name of his wife, Maud Glover Folsom, as a way of honoring her memory and spirit. The Foundation had its conception on July 20, 1943 with Maud's passing and became active in 1957 with Charles's passing. This Foundation is the fruit of their combined successes, generosity, and most of all, a testament to Charles's love and respect for his wife.
In creating the Foundation, Mr, Folsom set specific terms for qualification:
- Applicants must be male.
- Applicant must be over 13 and under 20 years of age.
- Be of German and/or Northern European descent on both paternal and maternal sides for at least 4 generations.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Complete our application, available as a download below, which must include a fully completed genealogy section. Applications which do not contain completed ancestry may not be considered.
- Mail the completed application and all pertinent materials to the address provided.
- Be available for a personal interview in the Hartford, CT area or available for a phone or online interview.
- Read the Foundation Handbook to be provided on application.
- Must be willing to submit a recent photo id.
If selected as a Folsom scholarship recipient, the student receives $5,OOO per year as long as he meets several simple requirements. The scholarship follows the student through graduate and PHD studies as long as there is not a break in the student's studies.
- The student must be enrolled in a full time traditional academic program requiring tuition and maintain a C+ average.
- The student must maintain his online student profile and have all grade records forwarded to the Foundation. The student will have his own password protected private profile page.
- The student must attend a Grave site meeting on July 20 yearly to honor the memory of Maud Glover Folsom and celebrate her personal character and philanthropy. This requirement is of the utmost importance as represented by Mr. Folsom's own words:
Maud Glover Folsom
"My purpose in this gathering, is annually to instill in the minds of those who may not have personally known her, the sterling qualities of my beloved wife, so that as they go out in the world, they may make it a better place in which to live having known of her fine qualities, and further to impress upon them that they are the recipients of her private generosity and not the beneficiaries of any public fund or trust."
Mr. Charles Folsom, Founder
Applicants should download the application.
The completed application, genealogy pages, and 1 copy of a recent photo ID should be mailed to:
Maud Glover Folsom Foundation, Inc.
C/O Wind and Wind, Inc.
29 West 46th Street, 3rd Floor,
New York, NY 10036